Monday, October 4, 2010

Team Bidness.

Team, I thought I would sneak in this business before Varsity/Twinkle Toes blows our minds for the remainder of this week with his post-with-video, threatened for tonight or tomorrow.

First, we've got the roster to sort out for Sunday. The Hoff may "pre bowl" if she is unable to attend Sunday. Love the dedication. That leaves Al, Flo and The Edge at the Lanes Sunday, according to my best intelligence. Please confirm.

Additionally, the time has come for us to cough up "the bond." Yes, that choking noise was me. By Sunday night, four of us must pay in a two-week advance on our bowling. So, bring gobs of cash to the Lanes.

The great news is that we have determined by empirical evidence that three rounds of beer doesn't seem to affect our scores. It arguably enhances them. In fact, Flo is angling to add appetizer martinis so she can break 100 earlier in the evening. Some of us may be at the bar "a little early" Sundays. If you don't see us on our lane, search for us napping in a corner.

All this to say that if you're feeling squeamish about the bond, you can drink it off and not harm your performance (probably).

5 comments:

  1. If we can't get enough people Sunday, let me know asap. I'll pre-bowl too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK. I definitely have to be out of town--Nana's party is Sunday. And if any of my punk-ass grandchildren go bowling on MY 90th? I will kick them with my steel-toed orthopedics.

    But I really wouldn't mind just letting somebody else bowl, so just let me know. I will pre-bowl, or not pre-bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, just so you know. I'm constructing the blog and watching pro bowling on ESPN classic. Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, let me know if you are going to pre-bowl; I'd love to join you. After George Jones' comment, I'm going to haunt the bowling alley until I can break 200!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That must be a different George Jones. The one I know said, "Me and the bottle have always been friends, we've had a few old nasty fights but the bottle would always win, so when I go to answer that final curtain call, I can hear these words being whispered by all... Ol' George stopped drinking today."

    ReplyDelete